Saturday, June 27, 2015

Things you can do on a rainy day

My daughter Arianna was having a fundraiser for Alex's Lemonade Stand today to coincide with the neighborhood yard and garage sales.  Well...the rain cancelled the yard and garage sales, But Arianna and her friend Maddie braved the weather and held the lemonade stand.  We would line to thank everyone who donated to the stand.  I do not have the total yet, but it is okay considering the weather.

While it was storming during the stand I sent the girls inside and monitored the stand from the front porch.  I came up with a list if things I could do while this was going on:

Watch the lemonade stand.
Watch it rain.
Watch the grass grow from all of the continous rain.
Listen to music.
Drink coffee.
Watch people drive past the lemonade stand.
Daydream.
Answer my daugter's question via walkie-talkie, "Yes, it is still raining."
Read my neglected Facebook feed.
Watch the weather radar on my phone.
-----Become depressed because the rain stretches back through two states.
Catch up on Twitter.
Weed the flower beds in my yard when the rain slows to drizzle.
Get soaked when rain suddenly increases and I am weeding.
Decide to post to one of my blogs.
Grade summer school Moodle work until rain begins driving onto porch.
Do an ancient Pagan Sun Dance...I must have done it incorrectly, the rain came down harder.
See all of the #ISTE2015 posts on FB and Twitter.
Drink more coffee.
Answer my daugter's question via walkie-talkie, "Yes, it is still raining."
Read the Pittsburgh, PA conservative newspaper and try and count all of the hateful comments about the recent Supreme Court rulings.
-----I lost count.
Feel bad that we have so many hateful people around.
Learn to knit.
Drink more coffee.
Count more raindrops.
Twiddle my thumbs until they cramp.
Knit a comforter.
Learn Russian.
Recharge my phone battery.
Read War and Peace.
Answer my daugter's question via walkie-talkie, "Yes, it is still raining."
Listen to more music on my phone.
Translate War and Peace back into Russian.
Learn to put Einstein's Theory of Relativity to everyday use.
Count backwards from 365...in Klingon.
Make sure our life jackets are accessible.
Check my translation of War and Peace vs. an early Russian Version...I am spot on!
Think of more things to do while watching it rain.
Drink way too much coffee.
Begin to to post to my blog.
Prove that you CAN divide by zero.
Promise myself to never watch "Singing in the Rain," again.
Watch the lemonade stand.
Answer my daugter's question via walkie-talkie, "Yes, it is still raining."
Dose off into a nap.
Finish my blog.
Begin to build a life raft...just in case.


No comments:

Post a Comment